Growing marijuana has become a problem in rural and urban neighborhoods across the BC.
When it comes time to purchase a house, there are some tell-tale signs to look for that may indicate the house was used to produce illegal substances. Some signs that a house has been used to grow marijuana include:
- Unusual number of receptacles added in rooms,
- Circular stains on carpets or concrete floor,
- Mould growth on floors, walls, ceilings, etc.
- Recently painted foundation walls and floors,
- Patching in the foundation,
- Signs of nail holes in the ceiling,
- Patching in the ground at the exterior around the main electrical service
- Patching in the floors between levels in the home where ventilation ducting was run.